HOW TO CREATE 3D PIE CHART IN GOOGLE SHEETS
CHARTS are the graphic representation of any data . Google Sheets provide us a number of visualization options in the form of different charts and graphs etc.
Excel gives us a variety of charts which are beautiful, colorful, more customizable and more powerful.
In this article we are going to discuss one particular type of the charts which are known as PIE CHART.
3D PIE CHARTS SHOW THE DATA IN THE FORM OF A CIRCLE (PIE) WHERE THE AREA OF EACH SLICE REPRESENTS THE PERCENTAGE OF A PARTICULAR ITEM IN THE WHOLE PROCESS.
In 3D PIE CHARTS, the area shown by a portion shows the percentage or value of particular category.
We’ll discuss in detail, the different processes to create PIE CHARTS.
THIS ARTICLE IS IN CONTINUATION WITH HOW TO MAKE PIE CHARTS IN GOOGLE SHEETS.
CLICK THE LINK ABOVE TO READ IT FIRST.
3D PIE CHARTS VS PIE CHARTS
THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN 3D PIE CHARTS AND NORMAL PIE CHARTS EXCEPT IN THE LOOKS. THE 3D PIE CHART HAS A 3D LOOK WHEREAS PIE CHARTS HAVE A FLAT LOOK.
It is just about the preference which look you like personally.
Normally 3D look is more attractive.
WHERE IS THE OPTION FOR 3D PIE CHARTS IN GOOGLE SHEETS
The 3D pie chart can be easily inserted by the chart button on the toolbar itself.
The button location is shown in the picture below.
TOOLBAR BUTTON LOCATION FOR CHARTS INSERTION
- Click the CHARTS BUTTON which will open the Chart Editor.
- In the Charts Editor, Select 3D PIE CHART from the CHART TYPE DROP DOWN LIST as shown in the picture below.
MENU OPTION TO INSERT A 3D PIE CHART: We can insert a chart using the Menu also as chart option is available in the menu too.
- Go to INSERT MENU > CHART.
- After clicking the CHART , CHART option will appear.
- Choose 3D PIE CHART from the CHART TYPE DROP DOWN. Charts Editor is exactly same as shown in the picture above. [ TOOLBAR BUTTON FOR CHARTS INSERTION ]
The location is shown below in the picture.
STEPS TO INSERT A 3D PIE CHART IN GOOGLE SHEETS
We can demonstrate the chart using an example.We are taking the example of a class.The total students are 100 and grades of the students in MATHEMATICS are given below in the table.
The procedure to insert a 3D pie chart are as follows:
STEPS TO INSERT A 3D PIE CHART IN EXCEL:
- The first requirement of any chart is data . So create a table containing the data. [ We have already created in the form of table above]
- Refer to our data above, we have grades of 100 students.
- Select the complete table including the HEADER NAMES.
- Go to TOOLBAR > CHARTS .
- At first, Google Sheets will create a chart on its own. [ As per data it would try to suggest us the chart ].
- The chart will be created and shown to you as the following picture
- In our example, Google Sheets itself opted for the PIE CHART and created one for us.
The already made PIE CHART is shown below.
So , google sheets gave us a PIE CHART by itself but we want to create a 3D PIE CHART.
So, we need to change the type of the chart to 3D PIE CHART.
FOLLOW THE STEPS TO CONVERT PIE CHART INTO 3D PIE CHART
- Click on the chart.
- Chat Editor will open on the right of the screen.
- Go to Chart Type.
- Select 3D PIE CHART from the Drop Down.
Refer to the picture below for the procedure.
The final 3D CHART is shown below.
After a few more customization, the final chart is shown below.
FOR ALL OTHER TASKS LIKE CHANGING THE NAME OF THE CHART, CHANGING THE AXIS , CHANGING THE CHART STYLE ETC. VISIT HERE [HOW TO CREATE A CHART IN GOOGLE SHEETS ].