Table of Contents
- WHAT IS PERCENT SYMBOL ?
- WHY DO WE NEED PERCENT SYMBOL?
- TYPE OR USE PERCENT SYMBOL IN ANDROID PHONES
- 1.USING KEYBOARD
- 2. DELIVERY DESK-COPY PASTE PERCENT SYMBOL
- 3.INSERT PERCENT SYMBOL IN ANDROID PHONES USING GOOGLE
- ISSUES WHILE FINDING OUT PERCENT SYMBOL IN ANDROID
Let us learn one more problem’s solution for Android.
This article will let you know how to insert the PERCENT symbol in your messages or any text, whatsapp, or any type of document on Android Mobile phones.
These symbols are sometimes hard to find or not available on your keyboard.
So, in this small article, we’d solve this problem in different ways and learn the use of the PERCENT which is commonly known as the PERCENT symbol in Android phones.
WHAT IS PERCENT SYMBOL ?
Literally, PERCENT means PER CENT i.e. per 100.
PERCENTAGE finding is the process of translating something on a scale of 100.
We quantify anything on a scale of 100.
For example, if 25 students are present out of the total 100 students, we ‘ll say that 50 percent students are present.
because when we translate the 50 students to 100 [ to find out the percentage ], the present students will also be multiplied by 2, the percentage become 50.
Similarly we can find out the percentage in many circumstances.
Percentage is the best way to find out the portions because it ‘ll give us a better picture about the different participants.
e.g. If 5 balls are red, 4 balls are green and one ball is black.
we can say that 50% balls are red, 40% balls are green and 10 Percent balls are black.
It is clear that the percentage shows a better contribution by different constituents in the total population.
WHY DO WE NEED PERCENT SYMBOL?
As most of us know, PERCENT is frequently used in our reports.
PERCENTAGE SIMPLY TRANSLATES THE DATA TO THE SCALE OF 100 I.E. ANY VALUE WILL BE PRESENTED AS A PART OF VALUE 100.
The percentage is so frequently used in our reports that we need a symbol to represent it.
A symbol makes it easy to classify any other value or percentage.
TYPE OR USE PERCENT SYMBOL IN ANDROID PHONES
We can get the PERCENT symbol in a few ways by which we can use them on our phones.
We’ll go through each of the methods one by one to search out the options for finding out the ways to add the PERCENT symbol.
DIFFERENT METHODS OF ADDING A PERCENT SYMBOL
- USING KEYBOARD
- DELIVERY DESK
- USING GOOGLE
The first and easiest solution is to search for the PERCENT symbol on your keyboard.
FOLLOW THE STEPS TO SEARCH AND USE THE PERCENT SYMBOL IN YOUR ANDROID PHONE:
- Whenever you are typing open the keyboard.
- Click the option for the numbers and symbols as shown in the picture below.
- As we touch the first option, the numbers and symbols screen will appear in the keyboard.
- Again choose the MORE SYMBOLS option as shown in the picture below.
IF YOUR KEYBOARD IS NOT BEHAVING AS DESCRIBED, READ THIS SECTION FIRST AND THEN COME BACK.
- As we chose the more symbols options, PERCENT option will appear.
- Choose the PERCENT character and it’ll appear the message field.
The symbol will be inserted.
2. DELIVERY DESK-COPY PASTE PERCENT SYMBOL
Now, as you have reached here, the symbol is provided below.
STEPS TO COPY THE PERCENT SYMBOL
- Select the given PERCENT symbol by long pressing the symbol.
- The options will pop up.
- Choose COPY.
- Paste it by long pressing in the text field and choosing paste.
- The symbol will be added in your text.
It’s always great to learn new things.
The symbol copied from here will respond to the font as well as size.
3.INSERT PERCENT SYMBOL IN ANDROID PHONES USING GOOGLE
Now, if you are still not able to get the symbol, or you might forget or get confused due to any type of error, you can try googling the PERCENT symbol.
Here are the steps.
- Open google.com in your browser.
- Type in the searchbox PERCENT symbol. (no need to ask for the procedure)
- The following picture will appear on the screen. There can be a bit difference too due to region etc.
- Search for the PERCENT symbol, but always take care that we want the text symbol and not image. Bigger symbols are mostly images.
- Long press the PERCENT symbol and choose copy.
- The symbol is copied.
- Long press the position [ while texting or creating any document in the android mobile phone ], choose PASTE OPTION from the popped out options.
- The symbol will be inserted.
ISSUES WHILE FINDING OUT PERCENT SYMBOL IN ANDROID
Some brands PROVIDE their own keyboard. The steps explained here are with the use of STOCK KEYBOARD offered with android.
So, if you are not getting the PERCENT symbol, there are TWO POSSIBILITIES.
- You have Google keyboard but older version. [ Very less people update the google keyboard ].
- If not the first option, you don’t have google keyboard.
Both problems will be solved by getting the GOOGLE KEYBOARD [GBOARD]
FOLLOW THE STEPS TO DOWNLOAD/ UPDATE GOOGLE KEYBOARD [ GBOARD]:
- Go to the Google Playstore.
- Search for GBOARD.
- The options will be enlisted as shown in the picture below.
- From the list, choose GBOARD and the following screen will appear.
- If you get the option for UNINSTALL AND UPDATE, it means you have GBOARD and you simply need to update it.
- Click UPDATE to update the keyboard or if you get the option to INSTALL, install it.
Let the process of installation or update complete.
- After the process is finished, you are done.