Table of Contents
- WHY DO WE NEED SQUARE ROOT SYMBOL?
- USE SQUARE ROOT SYMBOL IN ANDROID PHONES
- 1.USING KEYBOARD
- 2. DELIVERY DESK
- 3.INSERT SQUARE ROOT SYMBOL IN ANDROID PHONES USING GOOGLE
- ISSUES WHILE FINDING OUT SQUARE ROOT SYMBOL IN ANDROID
Let us learn one more problem’s solution for Android.
This article will let you know how to insert the SQUARE ROOT symbol in your messages or any text, or whatsapp or any type of document in Android Mobile phones.
These symbols are sometimes hard to find or not available in your keyboard.
So, in this small article, we’d solve this problem in different ways and learn the use of square root symbol in Android phones.
WHY DO WE NEED SQUARE ROOT SYMBOL?
As , most of us know, square root or simply root is a symbol which shows the operation of a basic mathematical operation which is FINDING THE SQUARE ROOT OF ANY GIVEN NUMBER.
The square root[S] of a number [N] is a smaller number which when multiplied to its own value[S X S] returns the number.[ N ]
which can be simply shown as NUMBER = SQUARE ROOT X SQUARE ROOT e.g. 4 is the square root of 16 as 4×4 =16.
Square root is one of the basic and frequently used operation in mathematics.
The symbol of the square root is used to symbolically represent this operation.
We might need to use this symbol because of the following reasons:
- For typing the mathematical expressions.
- To denote the operation of FINDING A SQUARE ROOT of any given number.
- To send any mathematical operation in the message where we want to type this symbol.
and many other reasons can be there.
USE SQUARE ROOT SYMBOL IN ANDROID PHONES
We can get the square root symbol in a few ways by which we can use them in our phones.
We’ll go through each of the method one by one to search out the options for finding out the ways to add square root symbol.
DIFFERENT METHODS OF ADDING A SQUARE ROOT SYMBOL
- USING KEYBOARD
- DELIVERY DESK
- USING GOOGLE
The first and easiest solution to search for the square root symbol in your keyboard.
FOLLOW THE STEPS TO SEARCH AND USE THE SQUARE ROOT SYMBOL IN YOUR ANDROID PHONE
- Whenever you are typing open the keyboard.
- Click the option for the numbers and symbols as shown in the picture below.
- As we touch the first option, the numbers and symbols screen will appear in the keyboard.
- Again choose the MORE SYMBOLS option as shown in the picture below.
IF YOUR KEYBOARD IS NOT BEHAVING AS DESCRIBED, READ THIS SECTION FIRST AND THEN COME BACK.
- As we chose the more symbols options, square root option will appear.
- Choose the SQUARE ROOT character and it’ll appear the message field.
The symbol will be inserted.
2. DELIVERY DESK
Now, as you have reached here, the symbol is provided below.
STEPS TO COPY THE SQUAREROOT SYMBOL
- Select the given SQUARE ROOT symbol by long pressing the symbol.
- The options will pop up.
- Choose COPY.
- Paste it by long pressing in the text field and choosing paste.
- The symbol will be added in your text.
Its always great to learn new things.
The symbol copied from here will respond to the font as well as size.
3.INSERT SQUARE ROOT SYMBOL IN ANDROID PHONES USING GOOGLE
Now, if you are still not able to get the symbol, or you might forget or get confused due to any type of error, you can try googling the square root symbol.
Here are the steps.
- Open google.com in your browser.
- Type in the searchbox SQUARE ROOT symbol. (no need to ask for the procedure)
- The following picture will appear on the screen. There can be a bit difference too due to region etc.
- Search for the square root symbol, but always take care that we want the text symbol and not image. Bigger symbols are mostly images.
- Long press the Square Root symbol and choose copy.
- The symbol is copied.
- Long press the position [ while texting or creating any document in the android mobile phone ], choose PASTE OPTION from the popped out options.
- The symbol will be inserted.
ISSUES WHILE FINDING OUT SQUARE ROOT SYMBOL IN ANDROID
Some brands PROVIDE their own keyboard. The steps explained here are with the use of STOCK KEYBOARD offered with android.
So, if you are not getting the square root symbol , there are TWO POSSIBILITIES.
- You have Google keyboard but older version. [ Very less people update the google keyboard ].
- If not the first option, you don’t have google keyboard.
Both problems will be solved by getting the GOOGLE KEYBOARD [GBOARD]
FOLLOW THE STEPS TO DOWNLOAD/ UPDATE GOOGLE KEYBOARD [ GBOARD]
- Go to the Google Playstore.
- Search for GBOARD.
- The options will be enlisted as shown in the picture below.
- From the list, choose GBOARD and the following screen will appear.
- If you get the option for UNINSTALL AND UPDATE, it means you have GBOARD and you simply need to update it.
- Click UPDATE to update the keyboard or if you get the option to INSTALL, install it.
Let the process of installation or updation complete.
- After the process is finished, you are done.