Table of Contents
- WHAT IS CENT SYMBOL [ ¢ ] ?
- WHY DO WE NEED CENT SYMBOL ON ANDROID?
- USE CENT SYMBOL ON ANDROID PHONES
- 1.USING KEYBOARD TO INSERT CENT SYMBOL ON ANDROID PHONE
- 2. COPY PASTE CENT SYMBOL ON ANDROID
- 3.INSERT CENT SYMBOL ON ANDROID PHONES USING GOOGLE
- ISSUES WHILE FINDING OUT CENT SYMBOL IN ANDROID
In this article, we’ll learn the way to insert cent symbol on android mobile phones using various methods.
Let us learn one more problem solution for Android.
This article will let you know how to insert the CENT symbol in your messages or any text, whatsapp, or any type of document in Android Mobile phones.
These symbols are sometimes hard to find or not available in your keyboard.
So, in this article, we’d solve this problem in different ways and learn the use of cent currency symbol in Android phones.
WHAT IS CENT SYMBOL [ ¢ ] ?
Literally, cent means one-hundredth of anything.
CENT , in this context, is the one-hundredth of any currency mainly used to denote 1/100 of a Dollar or other currencies i.e. 0.01 Dollars.
Cent is the smallest unit of DOLLAR CURRENCY.
WHY DO WE NEED CENT SYMBOL ON ANDROID?
As most of us know, CENT is a symbol used for currency.
CENT IS THE HUNDREDTH PART OF THE BASE CURRENCY. GENERALLY , IT IS USED AS 1⁄100 OF A DOLLAR.
A Cent symbol is used to show the number of cents. For example, any price of 50 cents can be shown as 50¢.
For this representation, we need not to use the word CENT but a symbol is enough for the explanation.
USE CENT SYMBOL ON ANDROID PHONES
We can get the CENT symbol in a few ways by which we can use them on our phones.
We’ll go through each of the methods one by one to search out the options for finding out the ways to add the CENT symbol.
DIFFERENT METHODS OF ADDING A CENT SYMBOL ON ANDROID PHONE
- USING KEYBOARD
- DELIVERY DESK
- USING GOOGLE
1.USING KEYBOARD TO INSERT CENT SYMBOL ON ANDROID PHONE
The first and easiest solution is to search for the CENT symbol on your keyboard.
FOLLOW THE STEPS TO SEARCH AND USE THE CENT SYMBOL IN YOUR ANDROID PHONE:
- Whenever you are typing open the keyboard.
- Click the option for the numbers and symbols as shown in the picture below.
- As we touch the first option, the numbers and symbols screen will appear in the keyboard.
- Again choose the MORE SYMBOLS option as shown in the picture below.
IF YOUR KEYBOARD IS NOT BEHAVING AS DESCRIBED, READ THIS SECTION FIRST AND THEN COME BACK.
- As we chose the more symbols options, CENT option will appear.
- Choose the CENT character and it’ll appear the message field.
The symbol will be inserted.
2. COPY PASTE CENT SYMBOL ON ANDROID
Now, as you have reached here, the symbol is provided below.
STEPS TO COPY THE CENT SYMBOL
- Select the given CENT symbol by long pressing the symbol.
- The options will pop up.
- Choose COPY.
- Paste it by long pressing in the text field and choosing paste.
- The symbol will be added in your text.
It’s always great to learn new things.
The symbol copied from here will respond to the font as well as size.
3.INSERT CENT SYMBOL ON ANDROID PHONES USING GOOGLE
Now, if you are still not able to get the symbol, or you might forget or get confused due to any type of error, you can try googling the CENT symbol.
Here are the steps.
- Open google.com in your browser.
- Type in the searchbox CENT symbol. (no need to ask for the procedure)
- The following picture will appear on the screen. There can be a bit difference too due to region etc.
- Search for the CENT symbol, but always take care that we want the text symbol and not image. Bigger symbols are mostly images.
- Long press the CENT symbol and choose copy.
- The symbol is copied.
- Long press the position [ while texting or creating any document in the android mobile phone ], choose PASTE OPTION from the popped out options.
- The symbol will be inserted.
ISSUES WHILE FINDING OUT CENT SYMBOL IN ANDROID
Some brands PROVIDE their own keyboard. The steps explained here are with the use of STOCK KEYBOARD offered with android.
So, if you are not getting the CENT symbol, there are TWO POSSIBILITIES.
- You have Google keyboard but older version. [ Very less people update the google keyboard ].
- If not the first option, you don’t have google keyboard.
Both problems will be solved by getting the GOOGLE KEYBOARD [GBOARD]
FOLLOW THE STEPS TO DOWNLOAD/ UPDATE GOOGLE KEYBOARD [ GBOARD]:
- Go to the Google Playstore.
- Search for GBOARD.
- The options will be enlisted as shown in the picture below.
- From the list, choose GBOARD and the following screen will appear.
- If you get the option for UNINSTALL AND UPDATE, it means you have GBOARD and you simply need to update it.
- Click UPDATE to update the keyboard or if you get the option to INSTALL, install it.
Let the process of installation or update complete.
- After the process is finished, you are done.