ADDRESS function comes under the LOOKUP AND REFERENCE category in Excel.
ADDRESS FUNCTION returns the address of any cell which is specified by the ROW number and COLUMN number.
It gives us the option of simple calculation of Row number and Column number as it is cumbersome to handle the column names after Z.
This function also gives additional option of setting which type of ADDRESS we want. A1 type of R1C1 type. A1 type is the standard system of naming where row is shown using a number and column is marked using an Alphabet.
Whereas in R1C1 method , both row and column are shown using numbers.
PURPOSE OF PROPER FUNCTION IN EXCEL
TRIM FUNCTION removes the extra spaces in the given text and keeps only one standard space.
PREREQUISITES TO LEARN PROPER
THERE ARE A FEW PREREQUISITES WHICH WILL ENABLE YOU TO UNDERSTAND THIS FUNCTION IN A BETTER WAY.
- Basic understanding of how to use a formula or function.
- Basic understanding of rows and columns in Excel.
- Some information about the financial terms is an advantage for the use of such formulas.
- Of course, Excel software.
SYNTAX: TRIM FUNCTION
The Syntax for the function is
TEXT STRING GIVEN TEXT
EXAMPLE:TRIM FUNCTION IN EXCEL
Let us take the same line from the introduction and try our latest learnt function on that.
HELLO THERE! HOW ARE YOU DOING??
STEPS TO USE TRIM FUNCTION
The text having random spaces has been taken for the example.
We can see that there are some irregular spacing in the line. So we will use the function TRIM to remove those spaces.
The formula used is
The text is stored in D9 which needs to be corrected. The output is shown in E9.
OTHER WAYS TO REACH THIS ARTICLE
WHAT IS EXCEL, HOW EXCEL WORKS, WRITE FORMULA IN EXCEL, EXAMPLE OF USING FORMULA IN EXCEL, ANIMATED EXAMLPE OF USING FORMULA IN EXCEL
YOU MAY LIKE
- HOW TO TROUBLESHOOT A FORMULA IN EXCEL?
- USE OF FONTS, FONT SIZE, INDENTATION, TEXT TO THE RIGHT, TEXT TO THE LEFT, TEXT IN THE MIDDLE ETC.
- how to insert table in excel?
- FOR MORE ARTICLES, CLICK EXCEL OR TYPE IN SEARCH BELOW.