LOWER function comes under the TEXT category in Excel.
LOWER FUNCTION converts upper case to lower case of the given text. It can be used in any situation or forms where we need the text to be in the lower case only.
PURPOSE OF LOWER FUNCTION IN EXCEL
LOWER FUNCTION converts upper case of the text to lower case.
PREREQUISITES TO LEARN LOWER
THERE ARE A FEW PREREQUISITES WHICH WILL ENABLE YOU TO UNDERSTAND THIS FUNCTION IN A BETTER WAY.
- Basic understanding of how to use a formula or function.
- Basic understanding of rows and columns in Excel.
- Some information about the financial terms is an advantage for the use of such formulas.
- Of course, Excel software.
SYNTAX: LOWER FUNCTION
The Syntax for the function is
TEXT STRING GIVEN TEXT
EXAMPLE:LOWER FUNCTION IN EXCEL
The string is “ONCE UPON A TIME there was A KING”. We will try to convert it to lower case with the help of LOWER FUNCTION.
STEPS TO USE LOWER FUNCTION
The text having mixed cases (upper and lower) is present in cell G9.
To convert it to lower case we have put a formula
=LOWER(G9) in H9 and the result is as expected.
The output has all lower letters.
once upon a time there was a king.
OTHER WAYS TO REACH THIS ARTICLE
WHAT IS EXCEL, HOW EXCEL WORKS, WRITE FORMULA IN EXCEL, EXAMPLE OF USING FORMULA IN EXCEL, ANIMATED EXAMLPE OF USING FORMULA IN EXCEL
YOU MAY LIKE
- HOW TO TROUBLESHOOT A FORMULA IN EXCEL?
- USE OF FONTS, FONT SIZE, INDENTATION, TEXT TO THE RIGHT, TEXT TO THE LEFT, TEXT IN THE MIDDLE ETC.
- how to insert table in excel?
- FOR MORE ARTICLES, CLICK EXCEL OR TYPE IN SEARCH BELOW.