SHEETS function comes under the INFORMATION category in Excel.
THE SHEETS function simply returns the NUMBER OF SHEETS in the given workbook or given reference.
The SHEET FUNCTION is very useful if we need to find out the number of sheets contained in a workbook or contained in any reference.
PURPOSE OF SHEETS FUNCTION IN EXCEL
SHEETS FUNCTION returns the NUMBER OF SHEETS contained in a workbook or reference.
PREREQUISITES TO LEARN SHEETS FUNCTION
THERE ARE A FEW PREREQUISITES WHICH WILL ENABLE YOU TO UNDERSTAND THIS FUNCTION IN A BETTER WAY.
- Basic understanding of how to use a formula or function.
- Basic understanding of rows and columns in Excel.
- Some information about the financial terms is an advantage for the use of such formulas.
- Of course, Excel software.
SYNTAX: SHEETS FUNCTION
The Syntax for the function is
RETURNS THE NUMBER OF TOTAL SHEETS IN THE WORKBOOK. THE SHEETS MAY BE HIDDEN, VISIBLE OR VERY HIDDEN.
REFERENCE It contains any REFERENCE which contains different number of sheets.
Returns the number of sheets contained by the given reference.
EXAMPLE:SHEETS FUNCTION IN EXCEL
For testing the SHEETS FUNCTION let us create different entries on the different sheets.
STEPS TO USE SHEETS FUNCTION
The text having random spaces has been taken for the example.
We can see that there are some irregular spacing in the line. So we will use the function TRIM to remove those spaces.
The formula used is
The text is stored in D9 which needs to be corrected. The output is shown in E9.
OTHER WAYS TO REACH THIS ARTICLE
WHAT IS EXCEL, HOW EXCEL WORKS, WRITE FORMULA IN EXCEL, EXAMPLE OF USING FORMULA IN EXCEL, ANIMATED EXAMLPE OF USING FORMULA IN EXCEL
YOU MAY LIKE
- HOW TO TROUBLESHOOT A FORMULA IN EXCEL?
- USE OF FONTS, FONT SIZE, INDENTATION, TEXT TO THE RIGHT, TEXT TO THE LEFT, TEXT IN THE MIDDLE ETC.
- how to insert table in excel?
- FOR MORE ARTICLES, CLICK EXCEL OR TYPE IN SEARCH BELOW.