Table of Contents
- WHAT IS A SWASTIKA SYMBOL?
- TYPING OR INSERTING SWASTIKA SYMBOL IN WORD
- 1.DELIVERY DESK
- 2.INSERT SWASTIKA SYMBOL IN MICROSOFT WORD USING SEARCH ENGINE
- 3.INSERT SWASTIKA SYMBOL IN WORD USING SYMBOLS
- 4.TYPE OR INSERT SWASTIKA SYMBOL SMARTLY USING AUTO CORRECT OPTION
- CREATING AUTOCORRECT ENTRY FOR SWASTIKA SYMBOL
- 5.INSERT SWASTIKA SYMBOL IN WORD USING KEYBOARD
- HOW TO USE SWASTIKA SYMBOL IN HTML?
Let us learn the ways to insert one new symbol in MS WORD.
The symbol is very important in many rituals and is considered very pious by many religions especially Hinduism.
This article will take you through the different ways of inserting Swastika symbol in Word.
This symbol is considered very auspicious and is used in many religions. There have been many changes to this sign throughout the history and in the different religions. In Hinduism , you can see this in many rituals, or on the doors of many houses and at many places.
So we’ll take up one by one all the symbols and check the main and easy methods only to insert them.The methods, which are easy and you won’t forget easily.
In this article we’ll learn the different ways to insert or type the SWASTIKA or FYLFOT SYMBOL OR SIGN.
Let us start.
WHAT IS A SWASTIKA SYMBOL?
Swastika symbol is an auspicious sign in many religions especially Hinduism. It is made during many rituals and also the symbols are placed in the houses , doors, walls or at the temples.
The symbol is considered very pious.
Many philosophical explanation can be found from many resources for this.
TYPING OR INSERTING SWASTIKA SYMBOL IN WORD
We can find out many ways to type or get the SWASTIKA symbol in word. Let us try a few in this article.
We’ll go through each of the method one by one to search out the options for finding out the ways to add swastika symbol.
DIFFERENT METHODS OF ADDING AN OM SYMBOL
- DELIVERY DESK
- USING GOOGLE
- USING SYMBOL
- USING AUTOCORRECT OPTION
- USING KEYBOARD
Its always great to learn new things.
You must go through the article to learn new ways of inserting the SWASTIKA SYMBOL in Word but if you want it instantly, you can copy it from here and it’ll work all fine in your excel sheets.
The symbol copied from here will respond to the font as well as size.
STEPS TO COPY THE OM SYMBOL
- Select the given Swastika Symbol.
- Click the document where you want to insert the symbol.
- Press CTRL+V or Right Click > Paste.
- The Swastika symbol will be inserted.
2.INSERT SWASTIKA SYMBOL IN MICROSOFT WORD USING SEARCH ENGINE
We all have such a vast knowledge of our work area, we all do. But what happens when we don’t use some special knowledge for a long time, we start forgetting it. This is a case with each one of us.
So it is quite possible that we forget the procedures of symbol insertion by the time of the need. So this method is for those friends who have forgot the symbol insertion methods.
Here are the steps.
- Open google.com or the search engine of your choice in your browser.
- Type in the searchbox “SWASTIKA SYMBOL” . (no need to ask for the procedure)
- The following picture will appear on the screen. There can be a bit difference too due to region etc.
- Now look at the page and search for an SWASTIKA SYMBOL but mind it, we don’t want an image.
- Most of the bigger pictures are images, we want text, so select the one which is shown in the picture as selected and copy it. [For copying select the symbol and press CTRL+C or use RIGHT CLICK and choose COPY]
- Paste it anywhere in the sheet. [Select the cell and press CTRL+V or RIGHT CLICK and choose PASTE]
- The copied symbol will respond to font size as well as to font.
NOTE: Don’t copy the image by change. Image is tough to handle and won’t respond to the font and text size. [ IF YOU DON’T FIND THE CHARACTER, USE NEXT METHODS ]
3.INSERT SWASTIKA SYMBOL IN WORD USING SYMBOLS
The other method of inserting Swastika symbol is using the SYMBOL INSERTION FACILITY.
SYMBOL INSERTION FACILITY IS SIMPLY A COMPLETE SET OF DIFFERENT SYMBOLS WHICH IS PRESENT IN THE WORD ITSELF FOR OUR USE.
It is a complete table having a full fledged list of a big number of symbols from where we can choose the symbols we like.
Follow the following steps to insert the symbol using symbol dialog box.
- Open the MS WORD application.
- Go to INSERT TAB and CLICK SYMBOL or Press ALT+N+U to open the SYMBOL DIALOG BOX directly.
- Refer to the picture given below.
- Choose FONT as Microsoft JhengHei.
- Choose SUBSET as CJK UNIFIED IDEOGRAPHS.
IF YOU DON'T SEE SUBSET OPTION, GO TO THE BOTTOM OF THE DIALOG BOX, AND SET THE FROM FIELD AS UNICODE(HEX).
- Select the SWASTIKA SYMBOL from the list and click INSERT or you can simply double click on the symbol.
- The SWASTIKA SYMBOL will get inserted in the selected cell.
4.TYPE OR INSERT SWASTIKA SYMBOL SMARTLY USING AUTO CORRECT OPTION
Have you ever tried to type (c) in Word??
If you haven’t tried, try it right now. You would find that it’ll get converted into © symbol.
It happens because of the AUTOCORRECT option in the MS WORD.
Sometimes this autocorrect option can be irritating, but we can make use of this option to insert SWASTIKA SYMBOL.
In this case, this option is really going to be very helpful.
So, let us try to learn to create one entry so that our application might help us to get the SWASTIKA symbol directly.
CREATING AUTOCORRECT ENTRY FOR SWASTIKA SYMBOL
FOLLOW THE STEPS TO INSERT THE SWASTIKA SYMBOL BY PUTTING THE ENTRY IN AUTOCORRECT OPTIONS.
- Go to FILE and choose OPTIONS.
- As we choose options , following window will open.
- On the left choose PROOFING.
- As we click PROOFING, choose AUTOCORRECT OPTIONS from the options under PROOFING.
- After we click AUTO CORRECT options, following window will open.
- In the field REPLACE add the symbol [ symbol name as (swas) for our example ] which you want to be auto corrected by the Word automatically.
- Across the REPLACE ,in the WITH FIELD paste the om symbol which you can copy from any methods discussed above perhaps from the first option DELIVERY DESK.
- Click ADD.
- The auto correct pair will be added.
- We are done.
- We can try this by just typing the word we fixed for autocorrection i.e. (swas) and it’ll be converted into SWASTIKA SYMBOL as shown in the picture below.
5.INSERT SWASTIKA SYMBOL IN WORD USING KEYBOARD
There is another very fast method of inserting any character or to be specific SWASTIKA SYMBOL in our case, in the the document instantly.
The method is to insert the symbol using the keyboard shortcuts which will save us from following the long steps.
WE CAN USE THE KEYBOARD SHORTCUT IN TWO WAYS
- Using ALT+X
- Using ALT CODE
One more super efficient method in MS WORD is with the use of ALT+X.
Simply type the UNICODE of the character and press ALT+X.
THE UNICODE FOR THE SWASTIKA SYMBOL IS 5350[HEX]
The unicode will be converted to the respective character.
The following animation shows the process.
USING ALT CODE KEYBOARD SHORTCUT TO TYPE SWASTIKA SYMBOL
THERE IS NO UNIVERSAL ALT CODE FOR SWASTIKA SYMBOL.
HOW TO USE SWASTIKA SYMBOL IN HTML?
Simply embed the code 卐 at the place where you want to show the SWASTIKA SYMBOL.
Simply embed the code \u5350 at the place where you want to show the SWASTIKA SYMBOL.
WHAT IS THE KEYBOARD SHORTCUT TO INSERT OR TYPE OM SWASTIKA SIGN IN MS WORD?
- Type 5350 and press ALT+X after that.
WHAT IS THE ALT CODE OF SWASTIKA SYMBOL IN WORD OR EXCEL ?
UNIVERSAL ALT CODE is not available for the OM SYMBOL.
ALT X method is available.
TYPE 5350 and press ALT+X.
WHAT IS THE UNICODE OF SWASTIKA SYMBOL?
THE UNICODE FOR THE SWASTIKA SYMBOL IS 5350 [HEX].
WHAT IS THE CHARACTER CODE OF SWASTIKA SYMBOL?
The character code for SWASTIKA SYMBOL is 5350.