HOW TO USE RESEARCH, THESAURUS AND TRANSLATION IN EXCEL?
Research, Thesaurus and Translation; these all options are found under the REVIEW TAB of excel. The main use of these all tools is to review the language section of our reports and help us in making it better. The article will discuss it one by one.
BUTTON LOCATION FOR RESEARCH, THESAURUS AND TRANSLATION IN EXCEL
STEPS TO USE RESEARCH IN EXCEL
Research options gives the facility to find any word in the Thesaurus (Same meaning word) or book or any other location.
- Click Resource button.
- A dialog box will open which will ask for the word to be found.
- It’ll give the meaning, thesaurus and other information about the word.
- Word “hello” was put for the example. The output is shown.
STEPS TO USE THESAURUS IN EXCEL
Thesaurus( Similar meaning words) is a subset of the Resources function. Just click the word for which the similar word or synonym is needed and click thesaurus button . The output will be shown in the dialog box with options.
- Select the cell with the word.
- click Thesaurus button.
- The dialog box will open with the similar word.
- Choose the word as per requirement and click a drop down present near the word and click insert.
- The new word will replace the older one.
STEPS TO USE TRANSLATION OPTION IN EXCEL
Translation gives the option to translate the text to any other language.
- Choose the cell with the text and click Translate
- The translator will copy the word and a dialog box will open.
- Choose the language in which you want the result.
OTHER WAYS TO REACH THIS ARTICLE
USING RESEARCH IN EXCEL, THESAURUS IN EXCEL, STEPS TO USE TRANSLATION IN EXCEL
YOU MAY LIKE
- how to apply spell check in excel?
- USE OF FONTS, FONT SIZE, INDENTATION, TEXT TO THE RIGHT, TEXT TO THE LEFT, TEXT IN THE MIDDLE ETC.
- how to insert table in excel?
- FOR MORE ARTICLES, CLICK EXCEL OR TYPE IN SEARCH BELOW.