HOW TO SET PAGE MARGIN, ORIENTATION AND PAGE SIZE IN EXCEL?
“PAGE MARGIN” is the space between the edge of the page and the content in all the four directions i.e. left, right, top and bottom.
ORIENTATION of the page is the direction in which the page is viewed or printed.
If the BASE is wider and height is lesser, we call it LANDSCAPE whereas if the BASE IS LESS and HEIGHT IS MORE, we call it PORTRAIT. We can set either of the two orientations in EXCEL for the view as well as for the PRINTING.
PAGE SIZE is the size of the page while printing. The length and breadth of the page can be set according to the requirement.
- The MARGIN SET button is located under PAGE LAYOUT tab .
- GO TO MARGINS.
- THE options as per the picture above will be shown.
- Choose any margin from the list or click CUSTOM MARGINS at the bottom.
STEPS TO SET CUSTOM MARGIN IN EXCEL
- Go to PAGE LAYOUT>PAGE SETUP>MARGINS>CUSTOM MARGIN.
- A dialog box as shown in the picture will popup.
- Enter the values as per requirement.
- Go to PAGE LAYOUT>PAGE SETUP>ORIENTATION.
The orientation can be selected either as LANDSCAPE OR PORTRAIT.
The portrait will have more height than width and landscape will have less height than width.
A dotted line will show the printable area.
STEPS TO SET PAGE SIZE IN EXCEL
The page size can be set to get the proper printout of the page. The pages should be set according to the requirement and the option available with our printer. Here are the steps to set the page size in Excel.
- Go to PAGE LAYOUT>PAGE SETUP>SIZE.
- The following menu will open as shown in the picture.
The page size can be selected from the list available.
The page size will be displayed by a dotted line .
The option is to help us judge how the print will come out.
OTHER WAYS TO REACH THIS ARTICLE
SET CUSTOM MARGIN, SET MARGIN, SET PRINT AREA, SET LOWER MARGIN, SET UPPER MARGIN, SET LEFT MARGIN, SET DIFFERENT MARGINS