HOW TO apply spell check IN EXCEL?
Although, the text is not extensively used in excel sheets but even then there are always chances for mistakes to happen in the text. It might be because of typing error or anything else.
Excel provides this function to do a final check on the textual part for any errors.
BUTTON LOCATION FOR APPLYING SPELL CHECK IN EXCEL
STEPS TO SPELL CHECK IN EXCEL
Select all the text and click SPELL CHECK. For our example , some text is written with errors and lets apply spell check on this.
Select the cell and click SPELL CHECK button. The following screen will appear.
UNDERSTAND SPELL CHECK DIALOG BOX IN EXCEL
- Ignore Once-Ignore the error. You know that the word exists.
- Ignore All-Ignore all the errors.
- Add to Dictionary- Add this word to dictionary. (It happens when you use any name of any word which is not present in the dictionary.)
- Suggestions-Suggestions given by SPELL CHECKER. Any option can be selected and chosen.
- Change-Click change to change the word with error with the selected one from Suggestions.
- Change all– Change all the errors.
- Auto Correct– It’ll correct all the errors itself and won’t ask one by one for the suggestion.
- Select the suggestion and click change or auto correct.
- The correction will be executed in the text and next error will show.
NOTE: When using the CHANGE command, the correction is not seen unless the checking is finished. When done, the changes will reflect.
OTHER WAYS TO REACH THIS ARTICLE
WHAT IS EXCEL, HOW EXCEL WORKS, WRITE FORMULA IN EXCEL, EXAMPLE OF USING FORMULA IN EXCEL, ANIMATED EXAMLPE OF USING FORMULA IN EXCEL
YOU MAY LIKE
- HOW TO TROUBLESHOOT A FORMULA IN EXCEL?
- USE OF FONTS, FONT SIZE, INDENTATION, TEXT TO THE RIGHT, TEXT TO THE LEFT, TEXT IN THE MIDDLE ETC.
- how to insert table in excel?
- FOR MORE ARTICLES, CLICK EXCEL OR TYPE IN SEARCH BELOW.