PAINT FORMAT is a utility given in GOOGLE SHEETS which is used to copy the format of one text to the other within a fraction of a second.
PAINT FORMAT IS A TOOL IN GOOGLE SHEETS TO COPY THE FORMAT OF ONE TEXT AND PASTE IT ON THE OTHER AT A LIGHTENING SPEED.
PAINT FORMAT is a very useful tool especially when we have gathered the content from various sources or reports.
It helps us to directly copy the Font of one content to the other directly.
Format is the size, color , font etc. properties of the text.
BUTTON LOCATION OF PAINT FORMAT IN GOOGLE SHEETS
The button location of FORMAT PAINTER is present on the standard toolbar.
STEPS TO USE PAINT FORMAT IN EXCEL
- Select the text, whose format you want to copy.
- After selecting the text, click PAINT FORMAT BUTTON.
- Click the text where you want to copy the format.
- The text’s format will be exactly same as the one copied.
- The following animated example shows the same process.
ANIMATED EXAMPLE TO USE PAINT FORMAT
In the above mentioned example, there are two texts, current format and intended format.
We select the intended format(The format which is desired, the one which is already there) , click on PAINT FORMAT and click the text whose format is to be changed .
If we have a large text, after clicking the paint format button just select all the text and it’ll be
HOW TO CHANGE THE FORMAT OF LARGE TEXT IN GOOGLE SHEETS
If we have a large text whose format is to be changed follow the steps.
- Click the INTENDED FORMAT. [ THE FORMAT TO BE COPIED].
- Click the PAINT FORMAT button.
- Without clicking anywhere, just select the complete text where we want to paste the format.
- The complete text format will be changed.
- The example above shows this working for the lower three rows.