INTRODUCTION TO VISUAL BASIC FOR APPLICATIONS[VBA FOR EXCEL]
HISTORY OF VBA
VISUAL BASIC FOR APPLICATIONS (VBA) was first introduced in 1994 in EXCEL 5. Excel was the first application with which VBA was rolled out and after that got available for many other applications too.
From the EXCEL 5 in 1994 , VBA is always there even in 2019 .
Similar to VBA, there are many softwares who offer same kind of language with their software suites.
LOTUS SCRIPT for LOTUS,Gambass for LINUX, WinWrap Basic for many applications etc.
NEED OF VBA IN EXCEL
vba working with applications
VBA WORKING WITH EXCEL
Here is the way of using VBA in Excel in the simplest words.
Applications are made to ease our jobs and to automate them. Suppose we need to make a big report . As we all know that in any report there is quite a lot of repetition . If we start doing it manually , it’ll take days but with applications, we have to just set the formulas and functions once and then ask the machine to repeat the job. The result is, the days’ work is done within minutes if not in seconds.
We design programs using the programming techniques.
There are standard steps in any programming language.
The steps in any programming language are as follows:
1. The input is taken from the user.
2. It is processed by the program as per the logic
3. The output is given to the user.
So, these are the simple steps to understand the working of VBA.
1. The input is taken through the Cells, or input boxes.
2. The processing is done by the program written by us in VBA
3. The output is again sent to the cells or a dialog box can be shown.
So we’ll learn VBA in these three steps.
But before that first things first. Let us see how to go to VBA section to program.
PREREQUISITES FOR LEARNING VBA
There are no specific prerequisites for learning VBA but there are a few which are helpful.
1. At least learn basic Excel first. Because we are not going to need VBA all the time.
2.Programming is not tough but if you have experience, you can learn VBA in just one day. But this is not a requisite. Even if you doesn’t know the programming, we’ll learn it in a way that you understand what to do and how to do.
3. Practice is the key for any kind of learning. So practice.
OTHER WAYS TO REACH THIS ARTICLE
WHAT IS EXCEL, HOW EXCEL WORKS, WRITE FORMULA IN EXCEL, EXAMPLE OF USING FORMULA IN EXCEL, ANIMATED EXAMLPE OF USING FORMULA IN EXCEL
YOU MAY LIKE
- HOW TO TROUBLESHOOT A FORMULA IN EXCEL?
- USE OF FONTS, FONT SIZE, INDENTATION, TEXT TO THE RIGHT, TEXT TO THE LEFT, TEXT IN THE MIDDLE ETC.
- how to insert table in excel?
- FOR MORE ARTICLES, CLICK EXCEL OR TYPE IN SEARCH BELOW.