Table of Contents
- WHAT IS WORDART IN EXCEL?
- WHERE IS BUTTON LOCATION FOR INSERTION OF WORD ART IN EXCEL?
- STEPS TO INSERT WORDART IN EXCEL
- HOW TO INSERT OBJECTS IN EXCEL?
- WHERE IS BUTTON LOCATION FOR INSERTION OF OBJECTS IN EXCEL ?
- STEPS TO INSERT OBJECTS
- HOW TO INSERT SYMBOLS OR SPECIAL CHARACTERS IN EXCEL?
- WHERE IS BUTTON LOCATION FOR INSERTION OF SYMBOLS AND SPECIAL CHARACTERS IN EXCEL ?
- HOW TO INSERT SYMBOLS IN EXCEL?
Excel offers us a lot of options to handle beautiful graphics with the help to control their location, orientation, etc. in a very precise manner. As the version of Excel got updated, so did its graphics handling capability.
Although most of the time, we’ll be using simple text but we might need to use fancy text for the headings, columns names, row names, or any other text which is different from the normal text.
Wordart provides us extra capabilities such as making 3D text, orientations, 3D effects, custom outlines, custom fill colors, and many more options.
Similarly, Objects are also very useful when we want to embed some other format inside our sheet.
Keyboards accommodate a number of characters that are frequently used while typing. But, it is not always true. We might need characters that are not available directly on the keyboard. For such cases, we need to insert symbols.
In this article, we’ll learn to insert Wordart, Objects, and symbols step-wise step with the help of examples.
WHAT IS WORDART IN EXCEL?
“WORDART” IS DECORATIVE TEXT WHICH GIVES US THE FLEXIBILITY TO CREATE ATTRACTIVE GRAPHICS IN EXCEL. DIFFERENT STYLES, FONTS, SHADOWS, AND MANY OTHER PARAMETERS CAN BE CHOSEN AS PER THE CHOICE.
Wordart simply gives us the option of making awesome-looking reports with the use of super quality graphics and countless options for editing shapes and colors.
WHERE IS BUTTON LOCATION FOR INSERTION OF WORD ART IN EXCEL?
The word art option is located under the INSERT TAB and in the TEXT SECTION. The location is shown in the picture below.
STEPS TO INSERT WORDART IN EXCEL
FOLLOW THE STEPS TO INSERT WORDART IN YOUR SHEET :
- Click WORDART button.
- A text box with sample text will open.
- Edit text as per requirement.
- Set font, text , style for the text.
- The following animation shows the process.
The animation above shows how to insert a WordArt.
The text can be changed. The background style and the text styles can be changed from the options available.
HOW TO INSERT OBJECTS IN EXCEL?
It enables us to enter or use different kinds of objects into our sheets. It can be a bitmap image, any word file, any pdf file, etc.
WHERE IS BUTTON LOCATION FOR INSERTION OF OBJECTS IN EXCEL ?
The option for the insertion of objects is located under the INSERT TAB at the extreme right.
STEPS TO INSERT OBJECTS
- Click the button and the dialog box will open as in the picture.
- Choose any kind of object as you like and edit its properties.
- Choose the location of the destination file or make a new one. Let’s put a WORD FILE OBJECT.
HOW TO INSERT SYMBOLS OR SPECIAL CHARACTERS IN EXCEL?
It enables us to insert special characters or symbols into our reports. Special characters are needed many times.
A few special characters are available on the keyboard itself but not all are present. This comes in handy when we need some.
Different kinds of symbols which are not present on the keyboard can be inserted by using this option. Many scientific and nonscientific symbols are present and can be found here.
WHERE IS BUTTON LOCATION FOR INSERTION OF SYMBOLS AND SPECIAL CHARACTERS IN EXCEL ?
Many special characters can be inserted from the options present under the symbol button only. It is present under the INSERT TAB>SYMBOLS as shown in the symbols.
HOW TO INSERT SYMBOLS IN EXCEL?
Many special characters can be inserted from the options present under the symbol button only. It is present under the INSERT TAB>SYMBOL as shown in the symbols.
- Click on the next tab to symbol and choose any special character you want to insert.