CREATE 3D MAP CHART IN EXCEL
give us a visual representation of the various data. It is a scientific
proven fact that we understand better and faster if something is
presented visually rather than reading the text.
WHEN TO USE 3D MAP CHARTS
BUTTON LOCATION FOR INSERTING COLUMN CHARTS
The button for column chart is found under the INSERT TAB under the TOURS SECTION.
STEPS TO INSERT A 3D MAP CHART IN EXCEL
We will find out the population of the few countries in the world. Let us say our table is the following one.
The details are fictitious. Don’t go by them.
- The procedure to insert a 3D MAP chart are as follows:
STEPS TO INSERT A 3D MAP CHART IN EXCEL:
- Select the data.
- Go to Insert> TOURS> 3D Maps>OPEN 3D Maps.
- This will create a all new window of 3D MAPS.
LOOK AT THE PICTURE ABOVE.
There is a GLOBE at the center. It shows the countries and locations drawn on itself.
On the RIGHT SIDE are the data type choice box. The countries are already selected under the LOCATION.
Now for our data , we can add population or any other column [if we have].
TYPES OF CHARTS are given on the right side option box. We can have STACKED COLUMN,CLUSTERED COLUMN, BUBBLE CHART, HEAT MAP AND REGION.
In the picture, location is already marked as the chart has already acquired the location data.
Now, let us add our population data in the chart. Follow the steps.
- The default selected STACKED COLUMN OPTION box is open and location is already selected.
- In the height field ,Click on ADD FIELD. A drop down with all the available fields will open. Right now , we have POPULATION only.
- Select Population.
- The population of the different countries will be shown as a 3D bar.
- The following picture shows the population as a 3d bar on the 3d map chart.
The bars’ height represent the population as per the data.
Similarly we can add more data by ADDING THE LAYER and repeating the same process.
Now , let us try changing the types of the charts available.
CHANGE THE TYPE OF CHART IN 3D MAP CHART IN EXCEL
As we already discussed that other than the STACKED COLUMN chart, we have few other options too such as clustered column, bubble , heatmap etc. So let us change the type of the chart in our 3D MAP CHART.
Follow the steps to change the chart type of the 3D Map Chart.
- Remove the current STACKED COLUMN from the chart by clicking the X mark on the right portion of the HEIGHT FIELD as shown in the picture below. [ THIS STEP CAN BE SKIPPED TOO]
- Select the chart type which you want to use in the 3D MAPS. For the example, we will use REGION VISUALIZATION.
- Click on the REGION VISUALIZATION ICON.
- Now select the POPULATION from the drop down in the VALUE FIELD.
- The chart will change to REGION STYLE and the countries will be colored with intensity showing the population.
- The picture above shows the output of the 3D MAP. We can see that the regions are filled with the colors of different concentration to show the value of the population.
CHECKING OUT THE LAYER OPTIONS IN 3D MAP CHART IN EXCEL
1. COLOR INTENSITY VARIATION- It changes the intensity of the color which is filled in the regions.
2.OPACITY- opacity controls the transparency. Higher the opacity , lesser the transparency.
3. CHOOSE COLOR- Choose the color of the chart.
4. CHOICE OF CALCULATION-EXCEL provide us the option to show one of the many types of calculations in the 3D map such as sum, average, count [ not blank], count[unique], maximum and minimum.
OTHER WAYS TO REACH THIS ARTICLE
WHAT IS EXCEL, HOW EXCEL WORKS, WRITE FORMULA IN EXCEL, EXAMPLE OF USING FORMULA IN EXCEL, ANIMATED EXAMLPE OF USING FORMULA IN EXCEL
YOU MAY LIKE
- HOW TO TROUBLESHOOT A FORMULA IN EXCEL?
- USE OF FONTS, FONT SIZE, INDENTATION, TEXT TO THE RIGHT, TEXT TO THE LEFT, TEXT IN THE MIDDLE ETC.
- how to insert table in excel?
- FOR MORE ARTICLES, CLICK EXCEL OR TYPE IN SEARCH BELOW.