Table of Contents
HOW TO CONVERT TEXT TO COLUMN IN EXCEL?
TEXT TO COLUMN is a good feature in Excel which facilitates us to convert the text to columns or simply saying to segregate the text to different columns or separate the cell content into different columns.
BUTTON LOCATION TO CONVERT TEXT TO COLUMN IN EXCEL
STEPS TO CREATE TEXT TO COLUMN IN EXCEL
TEXT to COLUMNS:
Its a good feature in Excel which facilitates us to convert the text to columns or simply saying to segregate the text to different columns or separate the cell content into different columns.
Suppose we have a cell containing the text
WELCOME TO GYANKOSH (SEPARATOR IS “SPACE”)
TARGET is to segregate the above phrase into three columns.
- Select the cell containing the text. (A full column can be there but for our example, we are taking a cell only).
- Click TEXT TO COLUMN button. A dialog box will open.
After clicking NEXT, next screen will appear, which is self explanatory.
We are going to split the text into three columns. Click NEXT.
After clicking next, the output appears.
WHEN SEPARATOR IS “. OR , OR ANYTHING ELSE:
- SELECT THE CELL.
- CLICK TEXT TO COLUMN BUTTON
- CHOOSE DELIMITED OPTION as already described.
- CLICK NEXT.
- NEXT OPTION IS ALREADY DISCUSSED. THE OUTPUT WILL BE AS DESIRED.
OTHER WAYS TO REACH THIS ARTICLE
TEXT TO COLUMN CONVERSION, SEPARATE TEXT INTO COLUMNS, EXAMPLE TO SEPARATE COLUMNS, SEPARATE TEXT INTO COLUMNS
YOU MAY LIKE
- HOW TO TROUBLESHOOT A FORMULA IN EXCEL?
- USE OF FONTS, FONT SIZE, INDENTATION, TEXT TO THE RIGHT, TEXT TO THE LEFT, TEXT IN THE MIDDLE ETC.
- how to insert table in excel?
- FOR MORE ARTICLES, CLICK EXCEL OR TYPE IN SEARCH BELOW.