HOW TO ADJUST COLUMN WIDTH IN EXCEL?
“COLUMN WIDTH” IS THE WIDTH OF THE COLUMN PRESENT IN THE EXCEL. THERE ARE MANY WAYS TO ADJUST THE COLUMN WIDTH. IT CAN BE AUTO ADJUSTED OR IT CAN BE EXPLICITLY DECLARED. THE ARTICLE SHOWS HOW TO ADJUST COLUMN WIDTH IN EXCEL IN DIFFERENT WAYS.
THE DIFFERENT WAYS OF DOING THIS ARE GIVEN BELOW.
BUTTON LOCATION FOR adjustment of COLUMN width in excel.
STEPS TO adjust COLUMN WIDTH IN EXCEL
setting fixed WIDTH of COLUMN in excel
- Select the cell/cells where the width is to be changed.
- Go to HOME>CELLS>FORMAT and click COLUMN WIDTH.
- In the dialog box, enter the WIDTH as per requirement in pixels.
setting AUTO WIDTH of COLUMN in excel
- Select all the cell/cells where WIDTH needs to be changed.
- Open the option under tab HOME>CELLS>FORMAT.
- CLICK AUTOFIT COLUMN WIDTH.
- The width of the rows will be adjusted according to the length of the content of all the selected columns.
How to set column width manually in excel?
- The WIDTH OF COLUMN can be changed in excel using the mouse also.
- Select the column/columns where you want to change the width.
- Just hold the boundary of any column and drag it as per required width.
- If, more than one columns are selected, all selected columns will get the same width as fixed manually using the mouse of any of the selected rows.
example of adjusting the row height
OTHER WAYS TO REACH THIS ARTICLE
adjust column size, adjust column width,auto adjust column width, adjust column width manually, how to set size of column in excel
YOU MAY LIKE
- HOW TO ADJUST ROW HEIGHT IN EXCEL?
- USE OF FONTS, FONT SIZE, INDENTATION, TEXT TO THE RIGHT, TEXT TO THE LEFT, TEXT IN THE MIDDLE ETC.
- HOW TO USE PIVOT CHARTS IN EXCEL?
- FOR MORE ARTICLES, CLICK EXCEL OR TYPE IN SEARCH BELOW.
Encourage us by following at …
If you have any queries or suggestions or any problem which you would like us to solve for you, kindly mail at