AVERAGEIF FUNCTIONS comes under the STATISTICAL FUNCTION group of Excel.
If we remember the SUMIF function, AVERAGEIF function is almost similar to that function.
AVERAGEIF FUNCTION gives an option to find out the option of the data if a particular given criteria or condition is fulfilled. It gives us the control over filtering the data in the function itself and save our time.
Suppose we need to find out the average age of the persons present in a party but only those persons whose age is >50.
This can be done directly using this function. Later in this article we’ll see this using an example.
PURPOSE OF AVERAGEIF FUNCTION IN EXCEL
AVERAGEIF FUNCTION finds out the average of the terms from the data which satisfies the given condition.
PREREQUISITES TO LEARN averageif
THERE ARE A FEW PREREQUISITES WHICH WILL ENABLE YOU TO UNDERSTAND THIS FUNCTION IN A BETTER WAY.
- Basic understanding of how to use a formula or function.
- Basic understanding of rows and columns in Excel.
- Some information about the statistical terms is an advantage for the use of such formulas.
- Of course, Excel software.
SYNTAX: AVERAGEIF FUNCTION
The Syntax for the function is
=AVERAGEIF(RANGE , CRITERIA , AVERAGE RANGE)
=AVERAGEIF(RANGE , CRITERIA )
EXAMPLE 1:AVERAGEIF FUNCTION IN EXCEL
STEPS TO USE AVERAGEIF FUNCTION (TWO ARGUMENTS)
EXAMPLE 2:AVERAGEIF FUNCTION IN EXCEL
STEPS TO USE AVERAGEIF FUNCTION (THREE ARGUMENTS)
OTHER WAYS TO REACH THIS ARTICLE
WHAT IS EXCEL, HOW EXCEL WORKS, WRITE FORMULA IN EXCEL, EXAMPLE OF USING FORMULA IN EXCEL, ANIMATED EXAMLPE OF USING FORMULA IN EXCEL
YOU MAY LIKE
- HOW TO TROUBLESHOOT A FORMULA IN EXCEL?
- USE OF FONTS, FONT SIZE, INDENTATION, TEXT TO THE RIGHT, TEXT TO THE LEFT, TEXT IN THE MIDDLE ETC.
- how to insert table in excel?
- FOR MORE ARTICLES, CLICK EXCEL OR TYPE IN SEARCH BELOW.