HTML stands for HYPERTEXT MARKUP LANGUAGE. It is a standardized language for all web pages. It tells the browser how the content will be displayed. i.e. Whether the content is in list, bold, italic, which font, location etc.
As discussed in HTML HISTORY, the basic concept of HTML is to separate content from its presentation. Let us understand this point with the help of an example.
When we write something, we have several different kinds of components in writing. For example, Title, Headings, Paragraphs, Bold, Italic, Underline and so on. The components listed above are the attributes of the text written. It has nothing to do with the content of the write up. So , in HTML it becomes a separate issue to PRESENT the content from the WRITING of the content.
The Author has to just write and generate the content and the PRESENTER can arrange it to make it more useful by setting the titles, heading etc. as per his choice.
HTML- WHO SHOULD LEARN ?
ONE SHOULD LEARN HTML IF:
- You want to learn web development.
- Want to make your own website.
- Want to have a career in web development.
HTML – SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
What we need to start working in HTML?
Here is the list of the items we need to start working in HTML.
- A system with a browser like Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, Netscape etc. (Browser simply executes html files. No additional software required.)
- A text editor like Notepad (Windows), notepad++, TextEdit etc.
What we need to know before we start working in HTML?
We need not to be a Techie to learn HTML. Just simple procedure of using notepad and saving files is quite enough to learn HTML.