GOOGLE DOCS is gaining popularity exponentially due to many benefits it offers to its users.
One of the best GOOGLE DOCS benefits is its usage in sharing. Although this is available now in almost all the advanced spreadsheet software but even then , the ease and accuracy provided by GOOGLE DOCS is exceptional.
But , a situation may occur when we want the file to be emailed, or downloaded in a specific format in our PC.
In that case, if the format happens to be pdf, this article is going to help you.
In this article, we’ll learn to convert a google doc into pdf or say, download our google docs document as a pdf file into our pc.
After downloading the file, we can easily e mail it, or keep it on our pc or share it with others for offline use too.
WHY DO WE NEED CONVERSION OF GOOGLE DOCS TO PDF FORMAT?
The pdf format is one of the best format when it comes to share some content [ which doesn’t need further editing i.e. the final version ] or when we need to print it somewhere due to the following reasons.
- The pdf format doesn’t change its layout even if opened on different operating systems.
- The pdf pormat keep the size balanced, quality intact and printing ease.
- It offers e sign option.
- Easily conversion from spreadsheets, documents to pdf and vice versa.
- Good editing options. [ With pdf editors].
DIFFERENT OPTIONS TO CONVERT GOOGLE DOCS TO PDF
The google docs can be converted into pdf in the following ways.
- USING THE BUILT-IN CAPABILITIES OF GOOGLE DOCS
- PRINTING GOOGLE DOC AS PDF
- PRINTING GOOGLE DOC AS PDF FROM THE BROWSER [ IF YOU ARE OFFLINE ]
CONVERTING GOOGLE DOCS TO PDF USING BUILT-IN OPTION
GOOGLE DOCS offers the conversion of google docs into many useful formats.
FOLLOW THE STEPS TO CONVERT THE GOOGLE DOC INTO PDF
- Simply go to FILE MENU.
- Choose DOWNLOAD.
- CHOOSE PDF.
The process is shown below in the picture.
The current document will be converted into pdf and downloaded in the default folder or will ask you to choose the location as per the setting of the browser.
PRINTING GOOGLE DOC AS PDF
We can use one more method to print our document and convert it to pdf using the printing option.
Many of the options are available to print the document as pdf such as MICROSOFT
- Go to FILE MENU.
- Choose PRINT.
As, we choose the PRINT OPTION from the file menu, the PRINT SETTINGS page will appear as shown in the picture below.
- Go to PRINTER and choose MICROSOFT PRINT TO PDF or SAVE AS PDF or if you have installed any pdf writer plugin, it’ll appear here such as CUTE PDF WRITER or any other.
- Set the COPIES as 1, or the number of repetitions you need.
- Set PAGES to ALL if you want to print all the pages or enter the custom pages such as 1,2,4 [ if you want to print only page number 1 , 2 and 4] , 1-4 [ if you want to print page number 1 to 4].
- Choose COLOR or BLACK and WHITE as per choice.
- The settings are as shown in the picture below.
- Click PRINT.
- The pdf converted from google doc will be saved to your default file or will ask for saving the output pdf file . [ As per your browser default settings ].
DIFFERENT SETTINGS WITH DETAILS TO PRINT GOOGLE DOC
A brief print settings are shown in the picture below.
CONVERT GOOGLE DOC TO PDF IF NO INTERNET CONNECTION IS PRESENT
A situation can occur when we don’t have internet connection and we need to convert the google doc into pdf.
Here is one solution which will work for you.
FOLLOW THE STEPS TO CONVERT GOOGLE DOC TO PDF IF NO INTERNET CONNECTION IS PRESENT
The idea is to use the print option of the browser itself as the GOOGLE DOC options won’t work. They need internet connection to get executed.
- Simply go to FILE MENU of the browser.
- Click PRINT.
- or press CTRL+P.
- After clicking the PRINT, the following PRINT SETTINGS screen will appear.
- Choose the printer, the same way we chose earlier. [ Any option to print pdf as output ].
- Select the orientation as needed. [ PORTRAIT when height is more than width and LANDSCAPE when width is more than height]
- Select the pages you want to print.
- Select All or enter the custom number of pages.
- Select COLOR or BLACK AND WHITE to print colored or black and white output.
The settings are shown below.
After the settings are done, click PRINT.
The file save window will open asking you for the pdf save location or it’ll be saved to your default location as per the settings used in the browser.
NOTE: THIS METHOD WILL PRINT ONLY THE SIMPLE TEXT USED IN THE GOOGLE DOC. YOU CAN SEE THE PRINT PREVIEW IN THE PICTURE, THE TEXT BOX DATA IS MISSING .