Google Docs provide us a lot of simple but very useful functionalities. These functionalities are very important and handy in an hour of the need.
One such requirement is if we have the text which is in the mixed case. [Mix of capital and small letters].
Now, what if we need to CAPITALIZE THE FIRST LETTER OF EVERY WORD.
So, we have a simple function provided by the GOOGLE DOCS which we can use anytime.
In this small article, we’ll simply learn to capitalize all the words of a text in Google Docs.
WHY TO CAPITALIZE FIRST LETTER OF EVERY WORD IN GOOGLE DOCS?
There can be multiple reasons for capitalizing the first letter.
Some reasons can be
- Mostly this type of Case is used in the TITLES. So , it is also known as TITLE CASE. For Example, This Line Is Written In Title Case. This case is needed in Titles.
- We need the first letter in capital case of every word for some specific requirement.
- We have the text in lower case which we want to change to Title Case.
- We have some text in the lower case which we want in Title Case.
There can be many other requirements too.
OPTION TO CAPITALIZE THE FIRST LETTER OF EACH WORD IN GOOGLE DOCS
There is a dedicated option present in the GOOGLE DOCS to capitalize all the letters in a document of GOOGLE DOCS.
The option is present under the FORMAT MENU > TEXT > CAPITALIZATION > TITLE CASE.
The following picture shows the location.
FOLLOW THE STEPS TO CAPITALIZE THE FIRST LETTER OF ALL THE WORDS IN A DOCUMENT
- Open the document.
- Press CTRL+A to select all the content or text. [ You can select using the mouse too ].
- Go to FORMAT MENU >TEXT > CAPITALIZATION> TITLE CASE.
- All the text will be get the first letter in Upper Case.
- The following picture shows the process.
But what if we want to capitalize only the specific text. Let us discuss.
FOLLOW THE STEPS TO CAPITALIZE THE FIRST LETTER OF ONLY THE SPECIFIC WORDS IN GOOGLE DOCS
- Open the document.
- Select the text or word or the snippet which you want to capitalize.
- Go to FORMAT MENU > TEXT > CAPITALIZATION > TITLE CASE.
- All the selected text will have the first letter in upper case.
The following picture shows the process.
You can capitalize any specific portion or a whole document in google docs.
THE CAPITALIZATION OF THE FIRST LETTER WILL WORK ONLY ON THE SELECTED TEXT. IF NO TEXT IS SELECTED, IT WON'T WORK IF YOU CHOOSE THE OPTION.